Time management is something that many of us struggle with.
Learning how to plan your time and accurately estimate how long things will take comes easier to some people than others, and these time management quotes will help you get inspired to get your time management life together.
For instance, some people struggle with being late not because they are trying to be rude, but because they genuinely underestimate how much time it will take to get ready.
Other people struggle with time management and sticking to plans in the sense that they waste a lot of time during the day when it comes to tasks they want to do instead of being productive with their time.
Whatever the reason you fail at time management, it’s a bad habit!
These quotes about time management will help inspire you to really make sure that you’re giving this area of your life enough attention and making the most of the time you have.
Pair them with a bullet journal like this one or a printable 7 day planner like this one and you’re on your way!
1. “Where your attention goes, your time goes.” – Idowu Koyenikan
2. “Procrastination is the catalyst of all disasters.” – Pandora Poikilos
3. “You cant make up for lost time, you can only do better in the future.” – Ashley Ormon
4. “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide.” – Tony Morgan
5. “Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.” – Yale Richmond
6. “To have more peace, as well as more time, start by letting go of the notion that time can be manipulated. Then, let go of the idea that it confines you.” – Michelle Passoff
7. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and iI will spend the first hour sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
8. “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.” – Alan Lakein
9. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – Zig Ziglar
10. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nigtingale
11. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” – Charles Buxton
12. “Those who make the worst of their time most complain about its shortness.” – La Bruyere
13. “It’s not how many things you start that make you successful. It’s how many worthwhile things you finish.” – Peter Turla
14. “Concentration is the secret of strength.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
16. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done” – Bruce Lee
17. “The way we measure productivity is flawed. People checking their BlackBerry over dinner is not the measure of productivity.” – Timothy Ferris
18. “The least productive people are usually the ones who are most in favor of holding meetings.” – Thomas Sowell
19. “If you don’t write when you don’t have time for it, you won’t write when you do have time for it.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
20. “Time is the most valuable coin in your life. You and you alone will determine how that coin will be spent. Be careful that you do not let other people spend it for you.” – Carl Sandburg
21. “If you work without being distracted, you can do so much in one hour. Something that is not even achievable in a month.” – Neeraj Agnihotri
22. “One always has time enough, if one will apply it well.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
23. “Before you eat the elephant, make sure you know what parts you want to eat.” – Todd Stocker
24. “Each day, wake up with a plan. Don’t just approach your days in an unfocused void.” – Carlos Wallace
25. “Time is the single most important resource that we have. Every single minute we lose is never coming back.” – Tarun Sharma
26. “Value your time poorly and you will be poor. When time is wasted as a lifestyle choice, you will be stranded in places you don’t want to be.” – M.J DeMarco
27. “Do not stand idle and watch the world spin around while time passes by, for what flies fast but does not have wings? Time.” – Jeff Morco
28. “On every level in life, from housework to heights of prayer, in all judgment and efforts to get things done, hurry and impatience are sure marks of the amateur.” – Evelyn Underhill
29. “Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.” – Peter Drucker
For more quotes, check out these quotes on habit making, quotes on staying focused, and quotes on not giving up.