There’s nothing worse than keeping negative thoughts inside your head.
These quotes about negative thoughts will encourage you to stop being the person who surrounds themselves with negative thoughts and instead embraces what it means to live a life full of joy and positivity.
And of course it doesn’t happen all at once.
You’ve got to go through the process of learning better habits and not immediately going to those negative thoughts, but it’s absolutely possible and worth it.
Use these negative thoughts quotes to get motivated, banish those negative thought patterns, and be the person you were truly meant to be.
If you need more help, check out the “Get Out of Your Head” book, which is a relatable book to help you overcome the spiral of negative thoughts.
1.”You can never win an argument with a negative person. They only hear what suits them and listen only to respond.”
2. “Train your mind to see the good in everything. Positivity is a choice. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.”
3. “Overthinking leads to negative thoughts.”
4. “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you’d make more of an effort to stop thinking negatively.”
5. “Every negative thought is a down payment on your failure. Every positive thought is an investment on your future.”
6. “A negative mind will never give you a positive life.”
7. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.”
8. “Having negative thoughts changes your whole perspective. Think positive.”
9. “Negative thoughts are not protecting you. They are making you smaller.”
10. “You can’t be both awesome and negative. Choose one.”
11. “Sometimes it’s not the pain that makes you suffer, it’s your own negative thoughts that make things seem worse.”
12. “What consumes your mind controls your life.”
13. “Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence.”
14. “All stress begins with one negative thought.”
15. “Negative thoughts only have 1 purpose: to destroy you!”
16. “If you realized how powerful your thoughts, you would never think a negative thought.”
17. “Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.”
18. “Positive people have negative thoughts, they just don’t let them grow and ruin their life.”
19. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.”
20. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.”
21. “Think positive. Don’t think that it won’t. Know that you can. Believe that you will.”
22. “Overthinking leads to negative thoughts, which then leads to more negative thoughts about why you’re so negative all the time. Let it be. It will be okay. I promise.”
23. “The way to overcome negative thoughts and destructive emotions is to develop opposing, positive emotions that are stronger and more powerful.”
24. “Negative thoughts will destroy you. Always do your best to keep a positive attitude.”
25. “Train your mind to see the good in every situation.”
26. “Challenge your negative thoughts with positive ones.”
27. “We sometimes cannot control our thoughts, but we do not have to surrender our behaviors to the negative thoughts. Never surrender.”
28. “Sometimes it’s not the pain that makes you suffer, it’s your own negative thoughts that make things seem worse.”
29. “Don’t feed your mind with negative thoughts. If you do, you will come to believe them.”
30. “Your mind is definitely not meant to entertain and shelter any thought that goes against your positive desires.”
31. “Believing in negative thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success.”
32. “Be vigilant, guard your mind against negative thoughts.”
33. “Why would you think a negative thought, if you know life is too short.”
34. “A negative thinker sees a difficulty in every opportunity. A positive thinker sees an opportunity in every difficulty.”
35. “Dwelling on negative thoughts is like fertilizing weeds”
Hopefully these negative thinking quotes and negative mind quotes will show you how toxic it can be to keep them inside your head.
Many of you will have been searching for stop negative thoughts quotes, which means you’re on the right track.
One really helpful way I’ve found of getting rid of these unwanted thoughts is writing them down on a piece of paper, and then doing something symbolic with it like crumpling it up and throwing it away or even burning it in a bonfire!
Show yourself the physical act of getting rid of those thoughts, and the next time you have them, they will be easier to get rid of.
Some people also find that mindfulness is a great way to handle negative thoughts.
This means that if you have a negative thought, you instantly think about what you’re thinking!
So you might think “I’m never going to amount to anything,” but your next thought is “That’s interesting that I had a thought about never amounting to anything. I wonder where that came from?” instead of basically going down the rabbit trail of all of the negative thoughts that might spiral afterwards.
However you choose to ward off negative thoughts, good luck and you can do it!