The beauty of life is that as long as you’re not hurting anyone, you shouldn’t have to worry about what others think of you!
These quotes about not caring what people think about you will inspire you to follow your own dreams, march to the beat of your own drum, and truly embrace what it is about you that makes you unique.
So many people are afraid to put themselves out there, afraid to take a chance, afraid to do anything that isn’t revolved around making sure that other people are okay with what they’re doing.
But the key to your own failure is trying to please everyone.
You become a shell of yourself, a person who doesn’t have any depth or character or strength, and you’ll be broken faster than you can imagine.
Enjoy these quotes about not caring about what people think so you can find the freedom that comes with having confidence in yourself.
If you want some more ideas, check out this amazing book on having confidence in yourself that’s easy-to-read, relatable, and has changed so many lives!
1.” You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish.” – Richard P. Feynman
2. “It’s your life to decide what you have to do, don’t listen to others.”
3. “If you want to grow, stop wasting your time on others who do not care about you.”
4. “My dear, I don’t give a damn.” – Margaret Mitchell
5. “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” – Mitch Albom
6. “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.” – Rita Mae Brown
7. “We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
8. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard M. Baruch
9. “You probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do.” – Olin Miller
10. “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” – Bertrand Russell
11. “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those who set upon yourself.” – Roy T. Bennett
12. “The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages.” – Virginia Woolf
13. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
14. “Few and mean as my gifts may be, I actually am, and do not need for my own assurance or the assurance of my fellow any secondary testimony” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
16. “You’ll never be happy if you constantly worry what others think about you.”
17. “Not caring what other people think is the best choice you will ever make.”
18. “One of the greatest mental freedoms is truly not caring what anyone else thinks of you.”
19. “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” – Karen Miller
20. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – Tyra Banks
21. “I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.” – Michel de Montaigne
22. “I won’t apologize for who I am.”
23. “You are not a pretzel. Do not twist yourself to fit into what other people think.”