Much like self-discipline, willpower is the ability to have self-control and delay instant gratification for longer term success.
These willpower quotes will encourage you to dig deep inside yourself and force yourself into taking the right action at the right time.
Willpower is about delaying the gratification of eating that brownie so that you’ll feel more confident in your body long term.
Willpower is about learning to sit down and work on your side hustle after you get home from work instead of collapsing on the couch.
If you need more help with willpower, check out this easy-to-read book, “The Willpower Instinct” for plenty of information on making it work for you.
Enjoy these quotes about willpower to motivate yourself to get stuff done.
1.”Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Perhaps tomorrow, if not today.”
2. “Willpower is not genetic. It requires the will to resist, and the power of a resolved mind.”
3. “To assert your willpower is simply to make up your mind that you want something and then refuse to be put off.”
4. “Strength does not come from physical capcity. It comes from indominatable will.”
5. “Research shows that willpower is more important than IQ. That’s why the point isn’t to become smarter, but to become more self-disciplined.”
6. “For greater self-control, the science points to one thing: the power of paying attention.”
7. “The willingness to show up changes us, it makes us a little braver each time.”
8. “Willpower and desire, when properly combined, make an irresistible pair.”
9. “Without willpower, no gains will be made.”
10. “Willpower is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets.”
11. “He who is firm in will molds the world to himself.”
12. “People do not lack strength. They lack will.”
13. “Willpower is the power out of which all kinds of power comes out.”
14. “In the absence of willpower, the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless.”
15. “There is no great talent without great willpower.”
16. “I am, indeed, a king, because I know how to rule myself.”
17. “Willpower is the key to success. Successful people strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt, or fear.”
18. “Don’t be a slave to your emotions. Control them.”
19. “People with a strong will power will always have the bigger picture in mind. They will be able to forgo small pleasures in order to help attain bigger goals.”
20. “Willpower is nothing but willingness to do.”
21. “It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.”
22. You don’t find willpower, you create it.”
23. “All the power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that; don’t believe that you are weak. Stand up and express the divinity within you.”
24. “Willpower is a superpower.”
25. “Willpower is the key to success. Successful people strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt or fear.”
26. “Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety and no doubt – just absolute confidence in yourself.”
27. “Every day you must choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
28. “Willpower isn’t something that gets handed out to some and not to others. It is a skill you can develop through understanding and practice.”
29. “There is no limit to your willpower.”
30. “I have willpower and determination. I am very resilient, like rock.”
31. “Most of life’s actions are within our reach, but decisions take willpower.”
Hopefully these strong will power quotes have opened your eyes to the fact that motivation fades.
It is only, sometimes, by forcing ourselves to do these by sheer will that we can find success.
It can be practiced and your ability to embrace your willpower can be improved on, which is the good news for those struggling!
Whether you want to get motivated to study or motivated to write an essay or motivated to sit down and write your self-published book, the will power is what is going to get you there.
How do you encourage yourself to dig deep into your own willpower? Let me know!