When it comes to changing your habits, one of the first things that many of us struggle with is fixing our bad habits.
Before we can make new ones and good habits, we’ve got to get rid of the old.
These bad habits quotes will encourage you to stop ruining your life, your body, or your relationships and instead figure out how to break your bad habits before they break you.
Use these quotes about bad habits as inspiration to change your life and start new ones.
I would also highly recommend this habit tracker printable to help you stay on track!
1. “It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them.” – Benjamin Franklin
2. “Don’t let your sins turn into bad habits.” – Saint Theresa of Avila
3. “Most people don’t have that willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excues and they talk like victims.” – Carlos Santana
4. “Working people have a lot of bad habits, but the worst of these is work.” – Clarence Darrow
5. “Many men and women in the world demonstrate great willpower and self-discipline in overcoming bad habits and the weaknesses of the flesh” – Ezra Taft Benson
6. “My bad habits aren’t my title. My strengths and my talent are my title.” – Layne Staley
7. “Continuing to listen and grow is important because we get into bad habits in relationships.” – Goldie Hawn
8. “Not managing your time and making excuses are two bad habits. Don’t put them both together by claiming you ‘don’t have the time'” – Bo Bennett
9. “Engaging in good habits 90 percent of the time, while indulging in bad habits 10 percent of the time, places you at risk of being like a hamster running in a wheel. Despite all the energy you’re exerting, you won’t move forward. You’ll never be able to outrun your bad habits.” – Amy Morin
10. “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I need to release the need for this in my life.” – Dr. Wayne W Dyer
11. “You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits…will change your future.” – Dr. Abdul Kalam
12. “Saying No to the wrong things creates space to say YES to the right things.” – Mack Story
13. “A change in bad habits leads to a change in life.” – Jenny Craig
14. “In a sense, much that is learned is bound to be bad habits. You’re always beginning again.” – W. S. Merwin
15. “I think if you stop bad habits, and you stop long enough, you develop good habits.” – Jordan Knight
16. “There are no good or bad habits. All habits are, by definition, bad.” – Jose Bergamin
17. “School is a twelve-year jail sentence where bad habits are the only curriculum truly learned.” – John Taylor Gatto
18. “There are things we do out of habit that are not always good for us. Break the bad habits and develop some good ones.” – David Kirsch
19. “Ultimately, we stars are human beings at the end of the day. We also have bad habits, weaknesses, we also make mistakes.” – Arbaaz Khan
20. “Sometimes it doesn’t take much to slip back into bad habits.” – Didier Deschamps
21. “A bad habit never disappears miraculously, it’s an undo-it-yourself project.” – Abigail Van Buren