These social anxiety quotes are perfect for helping you feel like you’re less alone if social anxiety is something you struggle with.
It can be hard to go through the day feeling anxious about what people think about you and how people perceive you when you’re interacting, but take heart!
Social anxiety is a common struggle and there are so many ways of improving your mental health to overcome it, including seeing a therapist, learning coping mechanisms, and ultimately reframing the way you think about yourself.
Use these quotes about social anxiety to encourage you to accept yourself, to overcome your struggles, and to help others understand how you feel.
I would also highly recommend you check out the Anxiety Workbook by Blessing Manifesting, which is a great and colorful way to conquer your anxiety, as well as “How to Be Yourself,” a relatable book about social anxiety.
1.”Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”
2. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”
3. “Social anxiety thing: you believe any criticism of yourself, yet any compliments must be a lie.”
4. “Some people don’t understand that anxiety isn’t just sweating and shaking and shortness of breath. It’s also feeling like you have no control over your life and there is a knot in your stomach and you feel like your world is crashing down.”
5. “Some days, I can conquer the world. Other days, it takes me three hours to convince myself to shower.”
6. “I feel as though my real personality is locked up in a box inside of me, and that box doesn’t open until I’m alone. It saddens me so much that I can’t find a way to show anyone that I’m actually intelligent and funny and good company.”
7. “The thing about an anxiety disorder is that you know it is stupid. You know with all your heart that it wasn’t a big deal and that it should roll off of you. But that’s where the disorder kicks in.”
8. “Social anxiety can cause someone to feel like everything is getting closer and people are all staring at them.”
9. “The moment I started treating my social anxiety disorder, I started feeling better.”
10. “Social anxiety results from being around people who are resolutely opposed to who you are.”
11. “Social anxiety thing: feeling out of place always even when people like and accept you.”
12. “It’s sad, actually, because my anxiety keeps me from enjoying things as much as I should at this age.”
13. “I feel uncomfortable when I see my online friends face to face, so in the end, we use text message to chat even though we sit right next to each other.”
14. “Well, unless you’ve suffered from panic attacks and social anxiety disorders, which is what I was diagnosed as having, it’s hard to explain it. But you go on stage knowing you’re actually physically going to die. You will keel over and die.”
15. “Allow me to enter a party without saying hello and don’t force me to interact with anyone. Don’t worry if I leave early. Send me a text later thanking me for coming and suggest we get together one on one soon.”
16. “I just wish that I could tell them that I have social anxiety which makes me feel embarrassed and scared of doing things alone most of the time. But they won’t even know it.”
17. “Things people with social anxiety do: go to the bathroom to escape, feel very uncomfortable without a phone or some other crutch, dwell on a small awkward moment for much longer than necessary.”
18. “People shouldn’t make me nervous, but they do. Oh, they do, they do, they do.”
19. “People are just people, they shouldn’t make you nervous.”
20. “Social anxiety thing: the internal panic and nervousness you get when you are told to call someone. Even if it’s just the pizza guy.”
21. “The worst thing about social anxiety is that people simply don’t understand.”
22. “Social anxiety isn’t a choice. I wish people knew how badly I wish I could be like everybody else, and how hard it is to be affected by something that can bring me to my knees, every single day.”
23. “Now that I have conquered social anxiety disorder, I find pleasure in fans approaching me.”
24. “Don’t overthink. Just let go.”
25. “Social anxiety is when you’re with a group of friends and you feel like nobody even knows you’re there.”
26. “When I started school, the light went out. It was never known what it was, a kind of social anxiety.”
27. “I have social anxiety. It’s easier up on stage because there’s security in being there. When I’m off stage, I’m trying not to be a manic freak. I’m quite shy.”
Hopefully these social anxiety motivational quotes have given you the courage to either speak to a therapist about your issues or to try and take the next step in overcoming your social anxiety.
It can be crippling to have social anxiety, but there is hope on the other side and so many of these social anxiety disorder quotes can help you explain to your family, friends, or teachers how it is you feel.