These quotes about self-discipline are some of the best quotes about discipline, because they remind you that it can only come from within.
No one else can give you that discipline or wake up every day and do the things you know you need to do.
It’s all on you, and sometimes knowing that self-discipline is the only way forward is hard, but at the end of the day, if you keep practicing and learning that you can’t just wait until you “feel like doing something” to work on what you want, you’ll get where you need to go.
Check out some of the motivational cards and calendars below for extra self-discipline.
Enjoy these inspirational quotes about having discipline to use when the times are hard and you want nothing more than to do anything else than what you know you need to do!
1. “Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do.”
2. “Self-discipline is a key ingredient to success”
3. “Motivation gets you going, but discipline keeps you growing.”
4. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.”
5. “The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term is the indispensable prerequisite for success.”
6. “Self-discipline is the magic power that makes you virtually unstoppable.”
7. “Discipline is choosing between what you want now, and what you want most.”
8. “Great leaders always have self-discipline without exception.”
9. “Self-discipline is when your conscience tells you to do something and you don’t talk back.”
10. “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both, firmly under your belt, that’s real power.”
11. “With self-discipline, all things are possible.”
12. “Discipline with will power is most dangerous.”
13. “You will never always be motivated, you have to learn to be disciplined.”
14. “That aim in life is highest which requires the highest and finest discipline.”
15. “All success begins with self-discipline. It starts with you.”
16. “I could only achieve success in my life through self-discipline, and I applied it until my wish and my will became one.”
17. “Discipline is remembering what you want.”
18. “You can’t win the war against the world if you can’t win the war against your own mind.”
19. “The first and best victory is to conquer self.”
20. “Discipline is doing what you know needs to be done, even when you don’t want to do it.”
21. “Self-discipline is the only power which can keep you energized even in the toughest of the circumstances.”
22. “Rule your mind, or it will rule you.”
23. “By constant self-discipline and self-control, you can develop greatness of character.”
24. “What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.”
25. “I think self-discipline is something, it’s like a muscle, the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets.”
26. “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we can accomplish what they can’t.”
27. “Do not let circumstances control you. You change your circumstances.”
28. “Self-discipline is a form of freedom from laziness and lethargy.”
29. “Self-respect leads to self-discipline.”
30. “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.”
31. “Self-discipline is everything. If you can conquer your physical and mental being, you can conquer anything in the world.”
32. “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.”
33. “Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you’ve ever wanted.”
34. “Discipline is being able to force yourself to do something, in spite of how you feel, over and over until it becomes a habit.”
35. “Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.”
36. “It takes self-discipline and persistent action to achieve the goal.”
37. “The distance between your dreams and reality is called discipline.”
If you’re struggling with self-discipline and these motivational quotes about self-discipline aren’t enough, check out my tips for self-motivation and also consider using services like FocusMate to give yourself that bit of external encouragement.